Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sassy Studio Designs Dare To Be Sassy Thursday


Not only is it Dare to Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs, it also my birthday! Happy birthday to me. Yes that's right--double nickel. I'm 55 years old today and I am just happy to be alive. There are so many that never made it to this age. I have a wonderful life, I survived breast cancer three years ago, a total knee replacement in November, I have a wonderful husband and a wonderful hobby. What more could I possible ask for! Now back to DTBST.

The challenge this week is "pop it up."




I started w//India Honey and colored her with Copics. The background paper is from DCWV's Taj Mahal stack. I added the "temple" from the Tinkerbell & Friends Cricut cartridge. I stamped the sentiment using the CTMH Word Puzzle stamps. I added some sparkle w/ a glitter pen and bling and colored her forehead jewel w/ a Copic marker as well. The feather is from my stash and I popped her up with a "wobble" that has been in my stash since last year. Hope you like the effect.

Be sure to stop the the SSD blog to see what the rest of the team designed and to enter your own creation!

Challenges entered:
Cards & More - Anything goes
Oldie But A Goodie - Use something at least 6 mths old
One Stitch At A Time - Anything goes

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

13 comments:

  1. beautiful card. Lovely image.
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! (Mine is a week from today...) I love this card! Your coloring looks fantastic, and you chose all the right stuff to go with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your celebration of life....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle, this is fantastic! I love your coloring and great added details. Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday beautiful lady!! Your card is fabulous. I love the colors and the feathers
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo!! This is gorgeous!! (Just like you!) I hope you had a fantastic birthday! You deserve it! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card and Gorgeous Coloring. Love the details. Hope you had an Awesome Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel, what a great oriental Birthday card. Love the stamp, your colouration, the papers you chose and all your lovely details.
    Thank you very much for joining us at Cards und More Challenge.
    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Rachelle, this is gorgeous! I just love how you've colored up the India Honey! The feather is the perfect something extra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love the elephant dp! The coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off ... I hope you had a very Happy Birthday!
    Second ... lovely card ... love the DP and your coloring! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I love the image and your colouring is gorgeous - perfect papers too!

    Thanks for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at OSAAT.

    Ali

    P.S. Happy birthday to you too - and if I may so so, from your profile picture, you're looking *fabulous* at 55! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! So exotic looking! Happy Belated Birthday! I sent you an email on Thursday... And a little something via snail mail. Hope you got it! You, my friend, look amazing for 55! Hope you enjoyed your day! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete