Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dare to Be Sassy Thursday 8/23/2012


It's time for another Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs. Today's challenge is "Finish the inside." I don't know about you but I usually leave the insides of my cards blank. Because I sell most of my cards, I'd burn up way too many brain cells trying to figure out what to say. It's one of the great things about being on this wonderful design team. We are always challenged to "step outside the box" and flex our creative muscles.




I started out with Phillipines Honey from SSD most recent release. I colored here with Copics and paper-pieced her here dress and fan. I used the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge along with my Cricut to cut and stamp the outside sentiment. The background paper is also CTMH. I used both Cheery Lynn Designs and Spellbinder Nestabilities die-cuts to cut addition shapes. I absolutely love organza ribbon and used it to tie a bow and finally added bling, foam tape, a Martha Stewart branch punch, Fiskars edge punch and wooden stamp to finish off the design.

Be sure to stop by SSD blog to enter your design and to see what the other designers have created!

Challenges entered
All That Scrap Wednesday Challenge - use a die (2nd week)
Crafts and Me - Autumn colors
Divas by Design -Anything goes
Paper Shelter Challenge -  Anything goes
Stars and Stamps Midweek Throwdown - no glitter - patterned paper+diecuts/punches

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

7 comments:

  1. Rachelle, this is so cute! I love your coloring and all those added details to you card. Great edge punch for the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Rachelle, STUNNING Card. I love all the elements and especially how you colored Sassy Honey Philippines. The inside is perfect to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, inside and out!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving an encouraging comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! The sentiment is just lovely too
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, fab image....Thanks for joining us Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oih!
    Tämä on aivan ihana kortti sinulla!
    Kiitos osallistumisesta tähän The Paper Shelter (Anything Goes)-haasteeseen tällä viikolla! Paljon onnea sinulle ja kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinne ! Lämmöllä An

    ReplyDelete