Friday, December 16, 2011

Passport to Adventure


When I sat down to make this card, I really didn't have any idea how it would end up. I knew I wanted to enter the Corrosive Challenge, "Anything Except Christmas" and I'd have use a previously colored image. This Sassy Studio Designs image is from their Steampunk collection and was colored w/Copics, highlighted with gel pens, Stickles and glitter glue. I also added Glossy Accents to the lens of her goggles.

The card is A2 sized and the base is Kraft cardstock. I consider this a "kitchen sink" card because it has a little of everything. The background paper is from my stash and has a vintage feel. Keeping with the vintage idea I distressed the edges. Next I cut the teal colored paper, used a Crop-A-Dile corner chomper, cut two opposing corners and distressed the edges. Next I embossed it with Cuttlebug folder and distressed it with sandpaper. Using the Nestabilities Sprights and Sprockets dies and DCWV Metallic finish paper, I cut three sprockets and placed them strategically around the design. I added the Tim Holtz metal spright and adage ticket because they fit so perfectly in the vintage style that the card had taken on. We all know how I love bling so I colored Recollections clear swirl bling, from Michael's,  with Copics to match the teal colors used on the image. I used 1/4" Pop Dots to the image and finally I added a Making Memories dog tag "Passport to Adventure" and adhered it with a brad. I am so proud of myself whenever I use a brad! LOL. Thanks for looking

Challenges entered:
Corrosive Challenge - anything except Christmas
Crafty Cardmakers -  use it three times
I Brake for Challenges - I brake for vintage
Paper Variety - anything goes


sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

7 comments:

  1. Love the vintage feel! Love the colors you used! It is both hip and cool! LOL HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous I love the colors.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Rachelle! Gorgeous job coloring the image and love all the fabulous embellishments! The vintage feel you achieved is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge and good luck with the design team call! ;)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and how you used this image!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an awesome card....I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Very sassy card! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete