Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Preview from Sassy Studio Designs

Today is the start of previews at Sassy Studio Designs that will culminate with a Hop on Saturday the 21st. Be sure to stop over at SSD to see what the rest of the design teams has created. Previews will be today, Thursday and Friday.

Today's image is Elizabeth Bennett, the character from Pride and Prejudice which was requested by Laura over at Paper Craft Planet.


The image was colored with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I started with a Kraft cardstock base and added papers from my stash. I used one of my favorite Nestabilities dies and distressed and stamped the sentiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I used a Martha Stewart corner punch as well as her medium branch punch. The flowers and the leaves were cut with the Cricut and the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge. Finally I added pearl swirls which I colored with a Copic marker and graduated bling.

Challenges entered:
Crafts and Me - vintage
Perfect Sentiments - Monochromatic + thinking of you
Creative Card Crew - Kraft

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

17 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle! I just love your card! So gorgeous! hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful. Love your card.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh, she's stunning and so is your card! Please tell me you live near Seattle so I can come and get coloring lessons from you---I'll pay!!! :P lol I'm super excited about this new release and looking forward to seeing all of your and rest of the dt's fabulous samples--oooo so fun! TFS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Fabulous coloring, and the design is just gorgeous. I love that background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! your coloring is fabulous. I love the papers and design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love all the details you added to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! THis is absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a stunning card thanks so much for joining us a the perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your colouring for this image, and the way you've used that nestie die in behind. Super card!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Gorgeous! LOve your image, colours and design.
    Thank you for joining us at The Perfect Sentiment this week.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful card. Love how you colored the image. Really cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. The flowers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I love that image you used. I think white is so hard to pull off, but you did a fabulous job on the image and your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Perfect Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rachelle this is fabulous! Love the neutrals with the pop of yellow roses. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect coloring on your elegant lady! Thanks for playing with us @ The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love the vintage feel of this card! It is so elegant and lovely! Gorgeous coloring and those flowers are so pretty! Love the corner punch too! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete