Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sentimental Sundays - Here's to you!

It's time again for another Sentimental Sundays challenge. Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps. They have a great variety of digital images of which Gus and Stella are my favorites!

This week the Sentimental Sundays challenge "For a special guy," with a bonus sketch by one of my very talented team members Nicole.




More and more I am using sketches and it sure is making my cardmaking faster. No more burning up valuable brain cells trying to pull an idea out of the sky! I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. I highlighted his glasses and bottle with Glossy Accents. The paper is from DCWV. The metal sentiment is from my stash. The image was mat and popped up with foam dots. I'm so proud of myself for once again using brads. I seldom thI printed the sentiment with my Xyron Design Runner. A word of caution, if you are considering buying one, realize that the ink refills are $49.99. WTH! Had I known it when I purchased it, at Joanns on clearance, I would have thought twice. Not too keen on the idea of paying that much for a refill, I took the empty cartridge to my local office supply store and was able to talk them into refilling it to the tune of only $10!

Be sure to stop by the Sentimental Sundays to see the rest of the design teams creations!

Challenges entered:


sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Rachelle! I know what you mean by using sketches! I never did get a card made today because I was too busy looking at designer paper and ribbon. Then I wasn't even able to settle on a stamp! LOL! I still found it relaxing though and I enjoyed myself!
    Have a great night!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta love Gus! Great take on the sketch! (See, don't they make life SO much easier?!?) Another fabulous card! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL So Cute. Love that image.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Rachelle. I LOVE Gus, he's a hoot. Brilliant coloring here and wonderful manly paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I love this card! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Rachelle. Great image and colouring
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete