Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This week's projects

I was going to recreate a "get well" card I'd made previously but once I got started it changed into this.


I used a Greeting Farms image and some scraps of paper that were laying on my table. The sentiment was cut with the Cricut but I don't remember which cart. It doesn't show well in the photo but I embossed the sentiment with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder. Although I love sewing, I have no desire to sew paper on my $8000 sewing machine. The faux stitching was done with my trusty Gelly Roll pen. The image was colored with Copics. I used a small amount of glitter glue on her stethoscope. I added the black Skittles to tie in with the black polka dot paper.

I'm alsio working on an order for eight altered journals.

Luckily it's that time of year again and the Composition books are dirt cheap all over town. I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the journal and have not had any wrinkling. I used Copic refill ink to color the Skittles. I'm putting together a tutorial on how I do my journals. Check back.
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

3 comments:

  1. Your card is delightful, great colors, great image.
    The journals are lovely, great work.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this journal. It's just plain beautiful. Smooches... Felicia - scrapperinthemaking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Love it...suzqucrafter21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete