Monday, November 26, 2012

Digi Darla's Challenge #39 - Friendship


Hope everyone enjoyed the long Thanksgiving weekend and what better way to start the new week than with another Digi Darla challenge. This week the theme is "friendship." We can't wait to see your projects. It's a great time to make a project for your "bestie." You do not need to use a Digi Darla image to enter the Challenge. However, what we love best of all is to see your projects that use Digi Darla images! If you enter using a Digi Darla image, you will get two entries in the draw to win. Be sure to stop by the blog to see what the rest of the fabulous design team has created and to enter your own creations.

Here's my creation.




I started my friendship easel card with DD image "Duck Daisy." I printed two images. The background image was left uncolored but the cloud design was made with a cloud template and Close To My Heart "Crystal Blue" ink. I colored the rainbow freehand with Copics. On the second copy I colored the duck and daisy with Copics adding "Cinnamon" Stickles to the flower center. After fussy cutting the image I used foam dots to pop it up. I inked the edges of the background to add additional depth. I used the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Allegro" to emboss the background from the sentiment which is from Kaisercraft. I added faux stitching, baker's twine and used two Fiskars oval punches to finish it off. I love the results.

Challenges entered
Joanna Sheen Challenge -  Anything Goes EXCLUDING Christmas
Pile It On - Anything but a Christmas Card
The Squirrel & the Fox - Anything Goes
Delicious Doodles -  Something That Flies
Fun with Shapes & More - must include die cut/punch – Week 1, Anything But Christmas
Pause, Dream, Enjoy – Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts – All Stitched up
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

5 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute! Just love the wonderful colors and how you have made it 3D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh how dare you free hand your rainbow?? :) and what a fabulous job you did!!! This is such a happy and cheery card and what friend would not want to receive?? Superb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh!! How sweet is this! What a cutie pie and love that you popped it up to!

    ReplyDelete