Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sentimental Sundays #109 - Be Patriotic

This week at Sentimental Sundays in honor of 4th of July celebrations this week, create a card with a celebration theme. Our sponsors this week are Designed2Delight Digital Stamps and Whimsy Stamps. Be sure to stop by Sentimental Sundays to see what the rest of the design team has created!

I decided to go all the way patriotic on my card this week. What is more patriotic than the military?



The image is from Sassy Studio Designs. This is Army Sassy. Don't you just love her? I colored her with Copics and Prismacolor pencils w/OMS. The papers are from my stash. The Cuttlebug "stars" embossing folder I recently purchased really came in handy. I also used a "circles" embossing folder on a Spellbinders circle Nestabilities and distressed it with sandpaper. I used yet another Nestabilities die-cut around my image embossing it as well. The corner punch is from Martha Stewart. The "USA" was cut from the "Stand and Salute" Cricut cartridge. Although my husband didn't want me to...I just had to add the three pieces of bling. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend.

Challenges entered:

Jackson Digital Expressions - Anything goes
Kenny K's Krafty Krew - Use patriotic colors
House of Gilli - red, white, and blue
Paper Pretties - red, white, and blue
DRS Designs - stars and stripes
Crafty Sentiments - red, white, and blue
Card Makin' Mamas - red, white, and blue
Sweet 'n Sassy - stars and stripes
sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

18 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,

    I love this one as well! I like your style! Again you coloring is beautiful. And good call on the bling ;) You can enter this one too at JDE!

    Kathi
    JDE DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Gorgeus colored! Love your card! Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. H-T-D (Hott-To-Def) card M! Love it. Thank you for joining in the challenge at JDE; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle, this is awesome! I love that background paper and great coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The distressing and die cuts highlight that darling image perfectly. You color beautifully. Thanks for again sharing with Jackson's Digitsl Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your composition if fabulous! Love all the varied elements! Great card! Wow, the Army never looked like that when I was serving (LOL)! Nicely Done! Thanks for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!
    Hugzm
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beauty. Thanks for joining in on the fun this week at JDE,
    DT CAS Leader
    Berni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable,thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning creation! you are really one talented lady!

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Martha, what a stunning card and I love your colouring too. Thank you so much for joining us over at the Kenny K Kraft Krew challenge this week and I have to agree with you, there is NOTHING more patriotic than your own countries military. I was in the Royal Air Force for 23 and a half years and it is only now that people are beginning to really appreciate what we have given, in non-war times people just forget about us (obviously I am only speaking about the UK here, the US are much more appreciatuve of their forces sacrifices).
    Good Luck and I hope we will see you again soon for a future challenge, you have a real talent and it should be shared.
    Take Care,
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your coloring is just soo AMAZING.. I just LOVE the the details.. Your skin tones are fantastic.. Great Job on this card.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, thanks for playing along with at Kenny K's Krafty Krew!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card design. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Rachelle! More impeccable coloring! Love the silver card stock embossed with the stars! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Fantastic colouring! Love it. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K`s Krafty Krew this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous one Rachelle. Your coloring makes me want to break out my pencils again.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete