Monday, December 19, 2011

Not a Christmas Card

I love Kraft card stock. When I started this card, it's the only thing I knew I wanted to use. I didn't start w/a sketch so I had no idea where it was going.


The design paper is from the Mariposa stack from DCWV. A sewing student of mine gave me the lace. From there I cut and embossed an oval scallop shape using a Nestibilities die. I adhered it with 1/4" foam tape. The roses and leaves were cut using my favorite Cricut cartridge - the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge. I added a small swirl of black bling and also added some gold bling to match the gold foil in the design paper. I wanted to start using some of the stamps that accompanied the cartridge especially the one pictured. Using the Art Philosophy cartridge, I cut the shape and stamped the sentiment. I love that this stamp can be used for several occasions by just checking one of the boxes as needed. Thanks for looking

sparkle - http://www.sparklee.com

4 comments:

  1. Love kraft as well! The roses look great against the background paper! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what No images on your Gorgeous Card. LOL. Your card is really beautiful and elegant. Love the roses, I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't have that cartridge. Hope your knee is feeling better Sweetie.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Rachelle! What an elegant and classy card! Love those roses and that you featured a fabulous sentiment in lieu of an image! A delightful departure from the norm! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete